Our Code of Good Funeral Practice
As funeral directors, our calling imposes upon us special responsibilities to those we serve and to the public at large. An important obligation is to provide information so that everyone can make knowledgeable decisions about funeral services and funeral firms. In acceptance of this responsibility, and as a condition of our affiliation with Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we affirm the following standards of Good Funeral Practice and hereby pledge:
1. To provide the public with information about funerals, including prices, and the functions, services and responsibilities of funeral directors.
2. To afford an ongoing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance.
3. To make funerals available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the needs of all segments of our community, and to affirmatively extend to everyone the right of inspecting and freely considering them all.
4. To quote conspicuously in writing the charge for every funeral offered, and to clearly identify the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations.
5. To furnish each family, at the time funeral arrangements are made, with a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without the approval of the purchaser.
6. To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading and to apply a standard of honesty in all dealings.
7. To respect all faiths, creeds and customs; and to give full effect to the role of the clergy.
8. To maintain qualified and competent staff, complete facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral service.
9. To assure those we serve the right of personal choice and decision in making funeral arrangements.
10. To be responsive to the needs of the financially strained, serving them within their means.
11. To comply fully with the requirements of the FTC Trade Regulation Rule (U.S.) on funeral practices
We pledge to conduct ourselves in every way and at all times in such a manner as to deserve the public trust, and to place a copy of this Code of Good Funeral Practice in the possession of a representative of all parties with whom we arrange funerals. For a copy of Our Code of Good Funeral Practice contact the funeral home.