Reception Facilities at the Harris Family Center
The Harris Family Center is the first of its kind in New York State, and was designed and built to offer our families:
• A home-like atmosphere to host a funeral or memorial reception.
• Another choice to have calling hours with food and beverage. (no other funeral home in our area offers this feature.)
• A private retreat between visitation hours. ex: 2-4pm and 7-9pm.
• A private location for a memorial service with refreshments.
• We also offer a complementary continental breakfast the morning before the funeral service begins at the church or funeral home. (When arriving at the funeral home first.)
• Availability for hosting your own Bridal Shower or Baby Shower.
Conveniently located on-site and adjacent to the funeral home, the Harris Family Center can accommodate 60-70 people and features a large gathering room, full kitchen, hostess, flat screen TV for video tributes and surround sound. During warmer weather a tent can be added to allow more guests.
Our complete concierge services relieve you of the burden of planning a gathering during a difficult and stressful time - so you won't have to be concerned with finalizing details, finding an open facility or cleaning up afterward. Our staff will ensure that your family and friends are treated with the same hospitality you would extend in your own home or a five star restaurant, in other words, it allows you to spend more time with your family. Always included at our facility (if you select from anyone of our menu options.)
• Three hour use of the facility.
• Hostess to set up and clean up.
• Coffee, tea, citrus infused water.
• China, silverware, and variety of cups.
Most commonly, the Harris Family Center is used to host funeral receptions. However, more and more families are utilizing this facility for calling hours. NYS Department of Health prohibits consumption of food and beverages within a funeral home establishment. HOWEVER, the Harris Family Center was designed and built separately from our funeral home to allow gathering space for a memorial visitation and services with provisions for refreshments. It is the only facility of its kind in our area. Families have elected to have wine and cheese during calling hours, while others have served their loved ones favorite dish. Whatever your choice may be, we can accommodate whatever needs and wants you have to make this as personal as possible.
Catering, Hostess, Wait Staff, and Menu Selections
We recommend our preferred caterers for your gathering with confidence. They offer a wide variety of selections, a high standard of food quality and presentation, as well as a reliable and consistent level of service for delivery and setup.
Of course, you also may select your own caterer if you wish. If your caterer has any questions about requirements for serving at the Harris Family Center, please have them contact us for information. A charge of $300 will be required if you utilize your own caterer.
Adobe Reader is required to view our menu selections. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it here.